Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Nate!


Twenty one years ago, I became a mother for the first time.  What a blessing motherhood has been to me.  I have learned so much, and especially I have learned so much through this man who is my firstborn.


How is it possible that you give birth one day and the next day that baby is a man who is about to become a father himself?  Time goes by so fast.  Our lives are truly a vapor.


It is our job to faithfully raise, the children the Lord gives us, to adulthood.  We want our children to be mature adults and faithful parents, themselves.  They have to learn to rely on the Lord for guidance, just like we learned to do.


God is so faithful. 


Nate is excited to be father and we are praying for him and Kayleigh that God will be their help and give them wisdom as parents.


Happy Birthday, son!  


We love you!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nate!

    This may be the biggest year of your life! I'm so excited to see you as a Daddy. So many changes...but you have had wonderful role models.

    I have seen how much you love your young siblings too. Gives me confidence that you will be a very loving Father.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Nate!!

    Thank you for your prayers for MaryGrace!!

    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate has had a great example of how to be good, loving parents. Our prayer is that he will come to see how much his heavenly father has loved him all these years.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...