Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, May 16, 2013

This and That

I am in the mood for a nice chat today.  I am drinking a nice glass of iced tea, and watching my granddaughter Kamryn this morning.


 I love this little girlie and I don't get to spend much one on one time with her - there are usually lots of aunties and an uncle who she loves to play with.

They are not here this morning because they are helping my Dad place flags on the graves of veterans in preparation for Memorial Day.

We have finished our required days for school and are finish our science book and doing a bit of math, and of course we are always reading.

Emma is now the proud owner of a Honda Civic.  It is a very nice used car, and she, of course is loving it!

  I am very proud of all my kids.  I am a very blessed woman.

I have been researching and plotting out my trip to England and Scotland.  I am thrilled to have the chance to go.

I must get my passport!  It's so great that my first stamps in it will be from Britain.  

I'm already getting good advice on how to get around.  I am looking into a rail pass for England and Scotland.  
 
Of course we want to see this....
 
 images.google.com


  And this...
 images.google.com
And a stop here...
  
   images.google.com

 For those of you who don't recognize this - it's Bath.  We are definitely making a stop here and visiting the Jane Austen Centre!


We'll be making a trip to Edinburgh to see this!
 



 images.google.com

I could get all caught up in this but I need to get back to reality.  The kids are home from their morning project and I need to make some lunch.

I also have bread rising...yum.
 

3 comments:

  1. Aww...Kamryn is growing so fast. That's a good community project for the three placing flags with your dad. Congrats to Emily on a new car! Always exciting. And you are planning your trip...what great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamryn is darling. She looks like you. Your coming trip sounds like it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little dolly! Love!

    How sweet of them to place the flags...honorable.

    Hey, it is okay to get a little excited about going. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...