Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Vacation

Tim is on vacation this week and is a happy camper.  Not that he doesn't like his work, though he despises having to work every other weekend, but that's a story for another time.


He has had time to use his chain saw, take out a window, repaint it, and make new trim for it.  Now it matches the rest of the trim in the living room/kitchen area of the house.  He is talented in this work and he likes to be busy and to see satisfying results from his time off.


This afternoon we are headed to our state capitol for our state home educating convention.  This year we are staying over night instead of driving back and forth each day.  I am looking forward to it.  I feel as if this will be a vacation for me! If you only knew the crazy arrangements that I've had to work out due to work schedules, etc.  

I began my mental vacation last evening with a great dinner out with friends, and now after a day in our shoppe, I will be on my mini vacation!  Then home Saturday night for Mother's Day, and on Monday I am going to meet up with a dear friend from California.  She was a mentor to me, and an encouragement during my late teens and early twenties.  I am so excited about it!

Tuesday will be back to reality but we will have completed our 180 required days of school, and we go on a much more relaxed schedule!  I tell ya, I'm ready for it! 


Sadie and Watson are ready for a more relaxed schedule too.  They have a very stressful life!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim and Ron are kindred spirits too! Ron loves to do home projects when he's on vacation...no kicking back in the hammock for him! And he also feels good with a chain saw in his hands. :)

    Enjoy your mini vacation! I'd love to be going to the convention too, but it was not to be. Maybe next year...

    Happy Mother's Day...and happy summer too! Congratulations on the completion of another successful school year. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, Tim - y'all enjoy your break from routine. Be safe & blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet views beyond your windows. Have a wonderful getaway! You have so much to look forward to... ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time!! Enjoy the rest of your week, and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankly, that is my kind of vacation. I love getting stuff done at home with a vacationing man, and then I like a little overnight adventure to something like the convention.

    I hope you come back with oodles of inspiration and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your getaway dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...