Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Brief Break

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  We did!

We spent it with all our kids, and our granddaughter, my parents and our friend Denny, and our long time friends Rick and Jane. So really it was a family day.

We've been friends with these two for 26 years.   Nate was 3 months old when we met them!  We have shared our lives over the years and love them like family.
 
Very fun, and laid back, just how I like it.

Tonight Tim and I are going with our friend Denny to see Star Wars.  That should be fun, too.

The wedding is now 3 days away.  So very exciting! Monday we will pick up our desserts, and the sheet cakes (the wedding cake will be delivered on Tuesday to the venue), have the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Emma's out of town bridesmaid flew in this afternoon.

I am going to take brief break at least until after the wedding, but perhaps until after our anniversary on January 2nd.

I am so thankful for all the Lord has done in our lives.  How He has brought my children their spouses, how He has used hard things to work in our lives.  I am thankful for all of you as well, readers and commenters who are such a blessing in your friendship!

     
 

6 comments:

  1. A blogging break is a very good idea at this fun and busy time. You may be taking a break, but I'll be thinking of you. Praying for a no rain wedding day! Happy Anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exciting times for you and your family!! May your days be filled with joy, may you enjoy many memory-making moments, and may God be honored and glorified!! Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time! I look forward to seeing the wedding pictures:) Don't stay gone too long! Sending HUGS, PRAYERS and Wedding wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will so enjoy the wedding! Happy to see you had a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wedding day tomorrow!! It's here! :) Wish I could be there with you all enjoying the family time and celebrating Emma and Vinnie. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you had a wonderful Christmas, and what a wonderful, and joyous year you have had, not to mention busy! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Wising you and your family a most blessed and Happy New Year!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...