Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Sister, My Friend


This cutie pie in the middle is my dear friend Amy, sister of my heart.  She and her family became special friends to us four years ago when they visited our church.

They are from Texas and were in our area (about an hour away actually) because her husband was starting his residency at a major hospital.  Being a long way from home and new to the area, they were looking for churches and found ours and we hit it off right away.

We spent holidays, and birthdays together.  We got together to visit and to shop and to have lunch and tea.  We never run out of things to talk about.

We've shared hard times, and loss together, too.

Emma did some nannying for them and is very close to them as well.

Last night Tony graduated from Residency.  Today Amy had a big chunk of time while Tony worked his last shift at the hospital.  Emma and I drove to spend the afternoon and into the evening with her.  

It was the best time, and I'm going to miss her so very much.  God is so good to give our families each other.  What a gift this friend is to me.

I'm so thankful for her.  

7 comments:

  1. All that and she's very cute, too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that Amy was able to find a good friend faraway from home! It sounds like some exciting changes are in store for her.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like a fun friend, how neat that you just hit it off like that and had four wonderful years! Now you can visit each other long distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to say goodbye to those we love. I suspect y'all will be burning up skype and cell phone minutes in the weeks and months ahead.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good friends are a blessing and not so easy to come by. You were blessed to find her and I'm sure this will be a lasting friendship even if it's just by phone calls,emails and other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...a great tribute to a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friend ( real friends) are so important. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...