Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Elections





This is where we vote in our township.  It used to be a one room schoolhouse it still has original floors and the blackboards.


I just wanted to encourage my friends here in the US to get out and vote today.  In our state, our county is conservative, but the big cities are liberal and they usually determine the outcome of the big offices up for election.  This does not discourage me from going to vote every time.

Voting is so common place that we take it for granted now, but for many around the world they have no voice at all in their government.  It is our right, as citizens, and a privilege to vote. I hope you'll be able to cast your vote today!


4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute Deanna...Love the little schoolhouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We vote in a cute little building, too. It's right on the water, makes the waiting pleasant! We are off to vote soon...with my kids. First time for one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever video! We are going to watch the elections like it was a football game. Long years ago I would make a recipe called Election Day Cake. And back then I taught art class here at home every Tuesday night so we would paint, eat cake and listen to the returns by way of a small TV I would bring in. I may have to look up that recipe again.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet place to go to to vote! Growing up we voted in a little old schoolhouse out in the country and I loved going there with Dad and Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...