Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Savoring Autumn

It's my favorite season, so I'm soaking it all in for as long as it lasts.  Our trees turning have come late this year, but its going fast.  This first photo was taken on Tuesday morning.


 And this photo was taken today, Thursday morning!
Here are a few more quotes about Autumn - 

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns."
                                                                       George Eliot

       "Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods."     

                                                                       William Wordsworth


"I see the turning of a leaf dancing in an autumn sun, and brilliant shades of crimson glowing when the day is done."

                                                                        Hazelmarie Mattie Elliott



 “Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.”

                                                                        Elizabeth Lawremce


 "How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.”

                                                                        John Burroughs


“Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.”

                                                                        Unknown



Soaking in all the beauty while it lasts.  Autumn is a season that speaks to my soul.  It fills me with its beauties, and reminds me be thankful. I feel more alive in the autumn, does that make sense?

Thank you all for your sweet comments and birthday greetings to my mother in law.  Happy November everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I am your autumn-kindred! Feeling more alive in autumn? Makes total sense to me! In fact, I have uttered those very words!

    Happy November to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m loving these fall months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the walks in this gorgeous weather, leaves crunching under my feet and beautiful colors coming out in the trees. Fall is invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t care how quickly it gets to peak as long as it lasts and lasts... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another autumn kindred here. I enjoyed seeing how that lovely tree changed in just two days. Like that last quote you shared about being content by paying attention to what we already have.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...