Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 22, 2008

You Just Don't Never Know

photo of my autumn flower garden - 2007

My grandma used to have a family famous saying "you just don't never know." I have found this to be a great way to express the unforseen things that come your way!

Our co-op started this week, and there were a lot of issues. New parents putting young children in the wrong classes on purpose, teens unhappy with class choices, parents who are not being a help, families showing up with extra kids. This was VERY unusual! We usually have a peaceful, easy going group.

Because some of our leadership attend a small church fellowship together, we, being still in a state of shock and amazement, hurt the feelings of some others, who felt we were not "talking" to them. Sigh....


"Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete (mature). Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Corinthians 13:11.

This is my hope and prayer. I know God will be faithful!

The same day as we started our co-op our doctor called to say that my husbands very painful hip, was so badly degenerated with arthritis, that they are recommending hip replacement. He is 42. We are praying for wisdom for timing, finances etc...

Then yesterday, my oldest son called. He was needing to move out of his current living situation, with no where else to go. So we brought him home, for now. There has been growth this year, but we all need grace to make it work.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - My Grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.

I am feeling God's amazing Grace in my life. I am at peace. "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19.


This is the one thing I do know that God is faithful, but with all the rest, well, "you just don't never know!"




5 comments:

  1. Ain't that the truth!

    Blessings Friend,
    You have my love and prayers...

    I was so unbelievably tired last night...all the stress, I guess.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She also said, "Lord Willin'!"

    You could apply that one to your situation also!

    Does n8 have a job yet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend!

    I'm praying for each situation to work out - and it certainly will, all according to God's beauty and for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just never know is such a great saying to tell yourself often. I am praying for all of this for your family. You are showing grace in many ways and thats what God calls us to do. Through this all you will be blessed abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right...GOD is Faithful...HE is on the throne...and HIS grace is sufficient...and all things work together for those of us who are HIS (Romans 8:28) Praising the Lord too..through these uncertain times...in so many ways in my life too....

    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...