Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Maxx, The Cuddly

We've had our Maine Coon mix kitten for about 6 weeks.  He is a keeper.  He is so affectionate and cuddly.  He seeks people out.  Today he was resting with Rachel on the couch...
 
Here is a close up of him tucked into her skirt and legs...
 
Lindsay, in her new knit hat picked him up a few hours later....
 
He went to sleep and was so cute and relaxed...
 




Again another nap on the couch - this time alone... He is a people person though.  This morning before 6 am he came in to my room for a visit - purring loudly and was looking for attention.  Remind me to close my bedroom door tightly tonight!
 



This evening he took over the dog bed and when Samantha joined him, Maxx put his paw up on her back!
 

And to end the day, Sarah was inspired to draw a cat.  She looked at a book on how to draw cats.  I think she did very well!  Especially with the eyes and nose area!  It's hanging in our hallway now.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Sarah really did do a great job...I know I couldn't draw a picture of a cat. Lindsay looks darling in her knit cap. It's nice to have a sweet kitty in the house. No house is a home without a kitty on the hearth. (I'll pretend I didn't read what you said about closing your door tonight. ☺)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable!
    So cute and cuddly and such a lovely colour!
    He seems to have a beautiful nature too.
    I'm sure he will have a happy life with you all :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice drawing! Looks like Maxx is very happy with your family.

    Tidbit raises a real ruckus if our door is shut.....whatever side she is on. She wants the freedom to come and go. That can really get on my nerves. She sticks her paw under it and shakes the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love cats who want to be held and purr!
    And Sarah did a great job with her cat drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your kitty is so cute. I laughed about your comment on closing the door. We've felt the same way with our chihuahua at times.
    Sarah did a really nice job on her kitty drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never met an animal more affectionate than our Maine Coon (even a... d.o.g.).

    Our other two kitties were more typical of the species, they let you pet them once in awhile. Victoria makes you feel guilty if you haven't given her attention in the last five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of your cat Sarah. Great job. I love Maxx.I wish I could get a cat. Maybe I should get new friends. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great drawing! Thanks for sharing,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, that is one CUTE kitty!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...