Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Daughter's Blog






I have beautiful and talented daughters.  Are they perfect? No, but they have such hearts to follow the Lord...I am blessed.

Emily has had a challenging year - she has grown and is stronger in her faith and convictions.  She wrote a really good post that shows her heart.

"I know I've made the right decisions. But they aren't the easy ones.
 I came to a point last year, where my  wants and desires were seemingly right within my grasp, and all I had to do was make it happen. I like doing things, planning things. And I had my "perfect" life "planned" out. But those plans contradicted quite a few "basic rules" in my life. "Rules" like, not lying to my parents. Not doing things behind their backs. Not giving my heart away too soon...you know...those "basic" things. I guess you could call the "rules" my values, my moral values."


I encourage you to pay her a visit. Her blog is A Fresh Perspective. Give her some encouragement, she'll appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Deanna.
    Isaiah 65:23
    They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble;For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo of Emily! You are right to be proud of her and to be encouraged by her maturity and wisdom. I will visit her blog, though I can't imagine that I could add anything more than that this face is wearing a grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, thank you so much for sharing this lovely blog post by your dear daughter. It pulled at my heartstrings. Emma is SO on the right track in her attitude, and it is not an easy thing to allow God to be sovereign in an area that is so tender.

    (I enjoyed seeing your travel photos!)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...