Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Unique Point Of View


I was surprised by all of the "those are wonderful photos" comments yesterday.  Vee said " Your pictures are beautiful and show me what an eye you have."  I pondered that off and on yesterday.

When my daughters got interested in photography, and especially when Lindsay started to get 'good' cameras and took such wonderful photos, I stopped taking my camera with me when we went places.  I would say to her "I'll just use yours."  She was happy to supply me with photos.  Even recently I was busy with something and I said to Rachel "Take your camera and go shoot some photos of the fall foliage outside."  They were nice but not exactly what "I" was seeing.


I have found that while my girls take very nice photos and their cameras are nicer than mine, they don't see things from my point of view.  Sometimes we would go somewhere and I would think "This would make a great blog post" based on what I experienced but when I looked through their photos, I couldn't find just exactly what I had seen.


God has given each of us a unique point of view.  I can't share that if I am allowing others to be my "voice," either through words or photos. I love my daughters way of seeing things, but I am learning that my way is beautiful too, imperfect as it may be.

5 comments:

  1. I SO WANT MY OWN CAMERA, WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL IN OUR OWN WAY....SO MY OPINION IS FOR YOU TO DO YOUR OWN TO EXPRESS WHO YOU ARE..lOVE AND HUGS..HAVE A GREAT DAY...jANICE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo true! I love that you wrote it. I always cringe if I have to use something of Chelsea's on here. I love her work...but to me it is just that, her work.

    I do see things differently.... and I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! You will want to share your daughters' photography from time to time, I'm sure. Your own perspective, is a delight and helps us get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Deanna...I agree that your photos in the previous post are beautiful! And I also agree with your conclusion. We each have our own unique perspective, and I am glad that you will continue to share yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No two people see things in exactly the same way - especially if one is a foot shorter than the other lol!
    You take fabulous photos - they help us see God's glorious creation from your perspective and I so appreciate that!
    Keep going my friend :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...