Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, October 28, 2011

Secret Mission

 

 We are going out of town this weekend and it is for an exciting reason but I cannot tell you about it yet though.  


Vee has inspired me to join in on a Giving Thanks Challenge!


Leah at South Breeze Farm is hosting it starting on November 1st.  I will still be away but am going to attempt to start from the beginning!  I will do a post on the 1st then keep a running list on my sidebar.  It is so good to be Thankful and to remember to Whom our thanks should go!


I woke early today - a combination of a small boy climbing into bed with us and my hip hurting.  I decided to make Baked Oatmeal for the family for breakfast.  My husband will be so happy!


The recipe is simple but delicious.

Baked Oatmeal 

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries 
( I often add raisins instead and also walnuts.  You could add any fruit you like)

Preheat oven 350 degrees

In a large bowl mix everything together very well.  Spread into a 9x13 baking dish.
Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.

It will smell divine while cooking and your family will love it!

Thank you all for your sweet comments at Emily's blog.

The photos are of one of my Red Sunset Maples in my front yard, in the early morning light.  They have turned so late this year.  Oh and you see that blurred spot in the middle of the photos?  It is a mark on the inside of the lens of my camera?  How does this happen?  I guess I really can justify a new camera!  One of these days.  When we stop taking unexpected but wonderful trips. Yeah, one of these days.


5 comments:

  1. Your beautiful tree has such a nice rosy hue! Yay for secrets! But I'm nosy and want to know. ;>

    Thank you for joining in on Leah's challenge. How wonderful! The more the merrier! Hope that you can get some recruits from your readership, too.

    As always, thank you for the link ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the baked oatmeal recipe sounds delish. I've never tried it, but I will some fine day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baked oatmeal might have to be our breakfast tomorrow.

    Have fun on your secret mission. ;)

    The spot in our photos might just be a smudge on your lens. Some how i always manage to get fingerprints on my camera lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the picture of that lovely tree. We live in a newer housing development and have no mature trees in the yard, but we did pay extra for a lot that backs to a wooded area. Unfortunately, the wind blew the leaves off the trees before they had a chance to turn to pretty colors, and I've noticed that the other trees around our area haven't turned enough yet. I hope we'll eventually see some wonderful colors, but around here, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree and color. The recipe sounds yummy.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...