Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Haircut



I was so over due for a haircut.  I finally went this week.

Let me tell you about my hair.  It's always had natural body to it, but as I had more children and aged, my hair got curly.  Really curly when I just wash it and let it dry naturally.

The other thing about my hair is that it has become fine like baby hair.  The individual shafts of hair are tiny.

I have weird cow licks in my hair, especially the two in the front on either side of my forehead.

All this works together to make hair "with a mind of its own."  So I try to work with it and not against it.  

For a year or so I was trying longer layers in my hair rather than the shorter ones I normally wear.  I like it shorter layers on top for fullness, with my fine hair if it gets too long, it just hangs and drags my face down.  So I decided to go back to more layers and I like it.

I really like the way it looks though these pictures taken yesterday in my bedroom don't look all that great.  

And weirdly - this photos make me look more silver than I am - the last photo is more accurate as to color, but they show the haircut better than the last one.





12 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks great, Deanna! Love the shorter layers. (Thanks for indulging our curiosity!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a button you are! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great. You're working with what you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these selfies, Deanna, your hair cut is so lovely. I was due for a haircut this week, but had to cancel., and am in dire need of a cut.
    Read you last post, and enjoyed your fall decorations, looking forward to your posts on embracing our season of life. I must be in my fall season, as i refuse to go into winter, I have such a young mind, I just wish my body would co-operate. ~smile~
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great--thank you for sharing with us! I am always on the lookout for new haircuts, but mine is very thick and coarse and wavy, so I keep it short usually...needing to do something with it soon! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cut and I love the color:) Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It's fun to try new things, or return to the tried-and-true in your case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layers - it looks darling. It really frames your face well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin' good girlie! :) Thanks for you comment on my blog about my magazine cover debut! lol It was SO hard keeping that a secret since JULY!! I thought I would burst! lol
    I need a haircut too...mine is long and down my back...I want to cut it off short! Gotta build up my nerves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have fine hair, too. I used to think it was thin - but am told it's more fine than thin. Wish I had a little more body - like yours!

    The layers in yours make for a great look! Nothing like a good cut...Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new "do" looks great! I don't see much gray as much as you try to show us! I've developed cowlicks I never had before .. I wonder if yours are new! enjoyed seeing your autumn touches around your house.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...