Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thermostat

On another blog, the question was asked, "What would your home be like without you?"

As I thought about this I thought that it wouldn't be that everyone would go hungry, my girls cook pretty well, it wouldn't be that they would never clean the house, although it would be very messy.

The biggest loss to our family/home would be the loss of their thermostat.

As a wife and mother I set the "temperature" of our home. Is it hot with frustration and anger? Cool with disdain and lack of care? Or do I, by my attitude, make it warm and inviting? Do they all feel welcome and accepted? Do they know that if they make mistakes, they will not be rejected?

I hope, with God's grace, to be a thermostat set on warm and welcoming to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...