Friday, May 30, 2008

Aphids

I decided to give my roses a new inspection for aphids yesterday and indeed I did have them on my roses and my hibiscus. (did you know that roses and hibiscus are in the same "family?")

I got online right away to research how to rid my plants of them in a non-toxic way.

I found this formula:

1 cup of cooking oil

1 TBSP dishwashing liquid

Mix together. In a spray bottle, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil/soap solution for every cup of warm water.

I went out and sprayed my plants, immediately. I will continue to do this, until I am aphid free.

My roses are stunning this year and are full of flowers and buds. I am not going to let some little pest eat away at them!

I am an official aphid huntress! I despise those little bugs....

1 comment:

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!