Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, May 1, 2008

An Interesting Day

This morning I went to help clean a house. A lady from my church is trying to show love to a neighboring family. This family's daughter is in the hospital - overdosed last week - and will be in rehab for at least 4 weeks.

The family is unsaved, and it was very hard to see the hopelessness. This teen daughter, who is just one year older than Lindsay, doesn't even realize that there are options to premarital s*x, drugs, etc...

The mother is completely overwhelmed with this and with the struggle they had had with their daughter and is not really able to keep up with anything. So, we went and cleaned up the daughters room, sorting through things, we also cleaned their kitchen, bathroom and the son's room.

Would you please pray that God will draw this family to Himself, and that they will be able to rejoice is His Salvation?

This was not something I was looking forward to doing. I didn't know them, in fact I didn't really even know the lady from my church who is their neighbor. Tim encouraged me that I "should see what God might have for me in it." I am glad that I went, I am glad to have served my God by serving this family. I am glad that I have made a new friend from church.

God is at work - I can't wait to see what He is going to do!

5 comments:

  1. That is just what I was praying for this morning. Praise the Lord. He brings the blessings when we obey. I love you. !!!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were called and you went!! I bet your heart was blessed!! You were a light in the darkness today! You were an example of God's love just being there. I hope their eyes and heart will be opened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes one so thankful for the Faith granted to us by our Lord and Saviour.

    This is not to say that we don't struggle, as Christians, we surely do...but we have that Help, that Friend that sticks closer than a brother...
    to never know that? Must bring despair!

    I'll be praying that you will be used again to make a difference in the lives of this family. The pain must be overwhelming for them.

    Thanks for sharing this and encouraging us to be vigilant for opportunities to serve.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure the WORK has begun and now, it will be exciting to see what the LORD is going to do.
    this is a convicting post to me...much needed.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet what you did really blessed their day. You did as you were called to do. You definitely were a light there!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...