Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Heart Of Home

Lord, let our house be something more
Than just a shelter with a door;
May its windows glow with light,    
Shedding radiance through the night.
Not just a glitter of glass and chrome,
But give it the "feel" of a happy home.                                  


Let it have flowers, a well-loved book,
Soft cushions in a quiet nook.

                                          


 May it be more than downey bed,
  Or snowy cloth with silver spread;
  Lend it some smiles, warm sympathy.
 With kindly thought, true charity - 

 That all may recall, though far they roam,
 That God was there - in the heart of home

                                              Christine White




5 comments:

  1. I so agree with these sentiments. I want the same for my place as well.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely. What a wonderful thought for us all to remember.
    Thank you for sharing this with us today.
    Love & Prayers,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this, Mrs. Rabe. You always bring me back to what is important.

    Your sister in Him,
    Ruth, PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks this was a good reminder for our homes!!

    I like your background. I got one too!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm loving my deck flowers. Twice in the last few weeks, we've had frost overnight so we've had to bring the flowers into the ...