Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

www.allposters.com

There is so much that I am thankful for that I thought I would make a list...

1. I am thankful for the Lord Jesus!

2. I am thankful for my family!

3. I am thankful to be born in this country.

4. I am thankful for the right to teach my children at home.

5. I am thankful for the right to worship without fear.

6. I am thankful for the home the Lord has blessed us with!

7. I am thankful for our church.

8. I am thankful for our friends.

9. I am thankful to have two vehicles in our family.

10. I am thankful that we are having my son's girlfriend and her dad over for dinner!

11. I am thankful for books!

12. I am thankful for my bible.

13. I am thankful that the majority of my children are walking in the truth!

14. I am thankful for all my brothers and sisters gained through marriage!

15. I am thankful for our many nieces and nephews and now their spouses and children as well!

16. I am thankful for my husband dear mother.

17. I am thankful for technology and the many friends I have made through blogging!

18. I am thankful for good health.

19. I am thankful for nice clothes and shoes.

20. I am thankful that we have heat in our home and cars.

21. I am thankful for God's saving grace.

22. I am thankful for a little boys precious freckles.

23. I am thankful for 6 days with my 10 year old daughter!

24. I am thankful that my oldest girls delight in our home and family and took such good care of it all while I was away.

25. I am thankful for the pilgrims who risked it all to come to a land with no modern conveniences (1600 style ones of course) in order to build a future for their children. One where they could worship God freely without risk of harm, and where they could be the influencers of their children. I am thankful that they had the vision and the courage to make the journey. Half did not survive the first winter, and yet...God's hand was with them.

Have a wonderful day!

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. There is so much to be thankful for! Today I am thankful for the way God uses our unique and even painful circumstances to give us wisdom in how to pray for others.

    Our four year period of pain with Gene's illness and death and Dad's passing have been very helpful in this past week to minister to others.

    Weird thing to be thankful for?
    Probably.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy a beautiful day.

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Auntie Dee~ Soooo awesome that your are having Kayleigh and her day over. Hope you had a great day! God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...