Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, November 2, 2009

I Am Working On A New Post...

of all that went on here this busy weekend.



In the meantime, I wanted to show you one of my daughter Emily's fraktur's. She hand reproduces the the whole thing. She has a wonderful book with designs in it and she also can reproduce designs of a person's choice. Our home is getting filled with these beautiful scripture fraktur's, and she has branched out into making notecards. Recently she has had some inquiries about doing invitations or special pieces to commemorate a special event.

She also has recently made a special birth certificate for a friend whose baby was born early and died. It is beautiful and something they will treasure for ever.

She took an art class several years ago where she learned about this Pennsylvania Dutch art form, and really loved it. It is so special to receive a gift that has been handmade with great thought and care!

She has a bit more posted over at her blog. She would love a visit from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...