Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, January 14, 2010

School Days, School Days...

www.allposters.com - Early Schoolroom in Colonial New England


We start our co-op again today. It is always great to see everyone after a break, and my kids love their classes. Our co-op is not an academic focused group although we do have classes like literary analysis, lab classes etc. We consider ourselves a supplemental classes group. We offer gym and music, art, science classes, geography, electives for upper grade students. Subjects that are fun to study in larger groups. Our classes are all parent taught.

For me, as the head of the co-op, I feel a tad worn already due to some difficult issues we needed to address over the break. I accept fully that in leadership there is no glory, just expectations that often are unattainable. As the leader of a Christian group, I sometimes feel I am supposed to deal with everything perfectly and if I am treated unkindly, well, I am supposed to deal with it without being offended. I am never to have hurt feelings, etc...

That may sound a tad cynical, but I don't mean it to be. It is just truth. Often times we have higher expectations for our leaders than we have for ourselves. The Lord calls for us to pray for our leaders - I understand why - it's so desperately needed!

So this morning, I have been praying for our group...for wisdom, for grace, for the teachers to enjoy their students, and students to enjoy their classes. I am praying for blessing on the church we have meet in since our group started. I am praying for the wonderful committee of ladies who oversee the various aspects of our co-op day, thus allowing it to flow and function relatively smoothly!

I have been praying for me, too. That I will be energized and be filled with joy and grace. Oh and wisdom too. That's an important one! So needed!

Will pray you for me today and for our group? I want our days of co-op to be a testimony for the Lord.


3 comments:

  1. yes...I will pray...
    I know how this can be...press on dear friend..
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that some people realize how much work it really is to be a leader. Sometimes I think they think a leader simply gives orders to others and the others do all of the work. I know how hard it is to be a leader of a co-op, as I have served in that capacity for several years in the past myself, and I will be praying for you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has often been said that being a leader is a lonely role. After years of being a pastor's wife I would say there is truth to this. However I have found that when I am around other leaders I am able to be vulnerable and real. This helps so much! I will definitely be praying for you and for your co-op! I'm sure you're doing an amazing job - don't be too hard on yourself, okay?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...