Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, January 7, 2010

An Unexpected Trip


We are making an unexpected trip to Western PA to visit Tim's aunt. I hope she is ready because the kids are coming with all their loving and cheerfulness! She will have a good time with them!

We are looking forward to it, it is a quick trip, just one overnight. I am thankful for my parents who are coming to care for our animals and for my children who love an adventure and love their great auntie and are looking forward to seeing her.

She is a precious woman with a loving heart. She has had a hard year. Her oldest son died a year ago Thanksgiving time, and then earlier this year her husband of 63 years died. She still lives in the home they raised their children in. She is blessed to have wonderful children, who take turns staying with her at night. What a blessing they are to her - allowing her to stay in her own home.

Have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful you're able to up and go visit this sweet soul. Praying for traveling mercies and that all hearts would be joyful and tender.

    Bless you dearly,
    jAne * tickleberry farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from western PA! Where are you heading? Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...