Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Is Back

www.allposters.com

Winter is back - no snow but frigid temperatures!

I am off to do my 'merchant ships' thing, and I am dreading the cold and wind! I will be dressed appropriately though!

Weather like this makes me so thankful for our warm home, hot things to drink, and the coziness of our family life! We will bundle up this evening and head to church for a game night. I am planning on knitting and visiting!

Tomorrow will bring more outdoor work like last week, felling trees, clearing brush...I need to plan for warm meals and treats for all my hard workers...

Enjoy your day - I love my Friday's out, sometimes with one of my girls, but when I go alone I have my ipod to listen to good messages or good music. I will stop by the library today to pick up "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." Paula recommended it so I thought I would give it a read. Have you read it?

What are your plans for the weekend?

ps- check out Very Calm for a great quote from J.R. Miller - Priceless

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is 10 and having her tenth birthday party tonight. I'll have tons of girls running around my house! Of course church on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let us know how you like that book. I've seen it, but haven't heard anything about it yet.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...