Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 24, 2012

I Lead A Rich Life

It has nothing to do with money actually.

It is all about God's grace to me - His extravagant grace.

My grandma was a woman who felt that she wasn't 'good' enough - she didn't deserve to sit in a beautiful hotel lobby because that place "wasn't for people like us."  

That thinking always made me sad, because she was thinking that worth was tied into how much money she had.

I am thankful that the Lord has taught me to see that our worth is tied to Him.  He says we are worthy, and then provides "exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Ephesians 3:20

Let me list some of His blessings to me:

1. He saved me.

2. He placed me in a loving family.

3. He united me with my wonderful husband.

4. He made me the blessed mother of children, now a grandma too.

5. He has used difficult things in my life to cause me to grow in grace.

6. He has provided our wonderful home.

7. He gives us, everyday, food to eat and clean water to drink.  And not just any food.  Food that we like to eat!

8. He has given us beautify in the place that we live.

9. He has provided a special church family to walk alongside and to have FUN with.

10.  He allows me to walk with Him daily.

I could go on and on, but I won't.  It's just that I woke up this morning with a full heart, overflowing with thankfulness.

So many sweet things happened yesterday afternoon with our church friends here.

A missionary family that ministers in Ireland and are awaiting the okay to go get their two newest members of their family from Ethiopia, have been fellowshipping with us.  They were able to come over yesterday, along with nearly everyone else.  The mom of the family was saying how wonderful this time in the states had been for her family.  Her children were experiencing a lot of firsts - the boys had never played ultimate frisbee before, their girls, especially 10 year old Molly loves horse and had never had a chance to ride before got to ride Cheyenne yesterday!  She was glowing with excitement!  Her younger sister rode as well.

We ladies and many of the little tea lovers in our church had tea outside under the tree with a beautiful blue sky above and a bit of a chilly breeze.  My friend Amy, who hails from Texas brought Texas sized snickerdoodle cookies!  My favorite cookie, and perfect for tea!

We had little ones napping on beds, little boys running around outside chasing each other, little girls drinking tea along with an adorable little guy who likes me and calls me 'Rabe.'  "Me have tea, Rabe?"  Well, of course he can!  Who can resist that?

Lots of frisbee and the Dad's new game of choice Bocce Ball being played all over the yard.  Horses ridden, tree platforms played on.

Everyone brought their lunch and shared dinner food.  I made a huge pot of Chicken Noodle soup - so good!  And our first mulled cider of the season.

Delightful conversation, beautiful weather, a bonfire in the evening....this day is going to stay with us for sometime.




Oh, yes indeed.  I lead a rich life.  And I am thankful for it everyday.







10 comments:

  1. This post makes my heart sing. Though I didn't experience the beautiful things you described about your Sunday afternoon, I'm so glad that you did. You described it so beautifully that I only need a little imagination to experience it, too. And I'm so grateful that I had my own delights to enjoy from the hand of God. Have a sweet Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so happy and encouraged just reading about your happy day... and your happy life:) We all have so much to be grateful for, don't we? We serve such a generous and lavish God♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you DO live a rich life. Life is beautiful when lived with a thankful spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful and heart-warming post. I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful day!

    And your list is wonderful too....#7 is something I've really been thinking about lately....The fact that we have so many different choices in food is a huge blessing that lots of other people in the world don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, His riches are lavish! And a heart of gratitude is always the right response!

    Rejoicing with you, friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love your thankful heart! And I love it even more that you woke up with it and shared it. Praise God for all His blessings he bestows upon us! Contentment is something to be praised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! I could imagine so vividly the day you described so well.Sounds like a perfect day! Most of us have lots to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true and I agree! I feel richly blessed by knowing God and by the sweet family He has given me. I may not have everything I think I "want", but I've never gone hungry and even more than that I grew up with parents that taught me about Jesus. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. excellent truths (and reminders). bless you dearly, *rabe* .. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day of fellowship!
    God, family and friends..what matters more than this?
    We are so blessed and rich indeed if we have these in our lives :-)
    Your Sundays always sound so busy..but so delightful too!
    I love your gratitude list.
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...