Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This and That

I have a lot of stuff rolling around in this brain of mine, but nothing cohesive, so I decided to post a bit of this and that.

This morning I have been listening to The Bankester's on AirPlay Direct.  I really enjoy the sisters harmony - and the acapella "Desert Lullaby" is very good!



It was interesting talking with Rachel, Sarah and Kyle about 9/11.  Rachel was only two and doesn't remember, Sarah and Kyle weren't born yet.  I want them to know about this horrible day in our history, for I fear one day someone will try to say that it never happened.  Some of the history of that day is already being revised.

I am in the shoppe today and get to have fun putting out new handbags and jewelry and scarves - Oh, the scarves!  So beautiful!  I can't wait until the website is open!  You'll love the scarves - we got some beautiful burn out velvet patterns and a fabulous new infinity scarf that can be worn like a regular scarf as well.  Beautiful colors... 


On any given day my brain is full of my schedule, what Rachel, Sarah and Kyle need and their schooling, getting Lindsay and Emma to work, and back home, giving rides to Kay and another girl from our church to work, what we will eat for dinner, keeping the house tidy, did the kids remember to feed the animals? and on and on....

Is it any wonder that I am a crazed woman sometimes?  Don't answer that!

We threw a surprise party on Monday evening for a gentleman in our church.  He turned 70.  They do not have family in the area, so I called his wife and invited them to come for cake and ice cream.  She new that others would be there, but he didn't know.  It was fun and I hope he felt special!  A bit of cool trivia for you - his parents are both still living!  His dad is 97 years old and his mother is in her 90's as well.  They have been married for something like 76 years!  Isn't that amazing?

The weather has been amazing here and I am enjoying every moment!  I know fall is on it's way because Rachel is getting photographs ready to enter into the local fair and the girls are planning their events that they are going to ride in at our local fair! They'll be busy with this until the end of the month.

I could go on and on...but I need to curl my hair and change out of my jammies before I head to the store!  

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, just wear your pajamas to the store, girl... all the cool kids are doing it!

    *snerk*

    Have a great day Deanna... I so need to get back into the blogging swing again. Lots to say, but so little time to write it all down, if ya know what i mean☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill never forget, and they cant rewrite our memories of that day. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to read one of these random posts because it is just like having coffee with a friend. Conversations are so rarely linear.

    I agree with your thoughts on revisionist history and applaud you for wanting to teach your children properly. Political correctness is a pox on society. Truth doesn't seem as important anymore.

    Can't wait to see the new web site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna,
    I just needed to visit and see what was up! Your comments are so appreciated, and you find out the neatest things...like your opening a web store! Please leave me some notice when it happens so I can take a peek! I hope it is going well and that many younger and older gals will just love being feminine and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Vee above...this post was like just having a cup of coffee and just going on about your week. I love it! I can't wait to see the scarves and the new website. I have a weakness for purses soooooo....well just let me know when it is ready.
    Enjoy your day may friend....
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, like Vee, I love this-and-that posts...and love "chatting" with you. :D

    I'm sure that your friend was thrilled with his birthday celebration! What a sweet gesture!

    Oooo...please say that your web site will be up soon. The suspense is killing me! It will be fun to see your fall items.

    I know I have told you this before, but I am always amazed all that you accomplish...your schedule makes my head spin! I used to be able to keep up with so many more things than I can now. Sigh. Oh well, I will do what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great day in your shoppe pricing the fun new items :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...