Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 11, 2015

A Special Day

Yesterday was such a nice day.  I don't ask for much - mostly a day that I don't have to cook or do dishes.  My family honors that every year.



I got a beautiful breakfast on a silver tray, eggs, bacon, and a pot of tea.  My kids at home made me cards, I have a promise of a shopping trip, too.



My oldest son gave me a columbine plant, and a homemade card too, thanking me for practicing "restraint' with him all these years!  That made me laugh!  


My married girl stayed home with a cold yesterday, but sent her husband over with a special card.  

My away girl, comes home today, and that is a real gift.

I got a note from Tim that spoke life affirming words.  My love language is words of affirmation, and yesterday my love tank was filled up by these wonderful people God has graciously allowed me to mother and be married to.  A dear friend sent me a sweet ecard as well.


Mothering can be hard work.  Much of it is the daily work of caring for your people.  It can be unnoticed work too.  It is so nice to hear that what you're  doing is appreciated, and noticed.

I am hoping to get photos with my two girls who weren't here yesterday, and a big photo of all of us together.  We took photos with Kay and Kamryn in the group photo too but those didn't turn out well, so we will have to redo them!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have Deanna! These are just lovely photos....the sun is shining and everyone is smiling...such a lovely, lovely post! I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous pictures! I am happy that you had such a wonderful day being honored by your people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so blessed. It takes a lot of work as you know, but it is so worth it!

      Delete
  3. You look radiant! What a beautiful family you have. How wonderful not to have to cook or do dishes. I should take that cue myself as I did both just like usual. It certainly was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are ... beautiful. through and through.
    i'm thankful your mother's day was wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos of a happy day! Even just being together on Mother's Day is a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...