Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tea With A Friend


Last week I was blessed to have tea with a friend.  We go to church together, but we had been missing time to connect due to busy schedules, and my calling dances for the kids after church.

We went to a delightful tea shop called "The Tea Trolley" in Delta, PA.  




We ate delightful sandwiches, petite desserts and the best scones.  I ate off plan for this meal and didn't regret it for one minute!

I drank a small pot of Darjeeling, and my friend Jennifer drank a pot of Birthday, which was specially blended of black tea, caramel and vanilla to celebrate the shops 5th birthday.  I tasted some of her tea and bought two ounces of loose leaf to bring home to enjoy.  I made a small pot tonight and drank a cuppa sitting on my front steps during the blue hour.

 You can see some of the loose leaf tea that escaped by strainer.


Sorry for the graininess.

7 comments:

  1. Tea with a friend is delightful in every way!! What a pleasure!
    I love the picture of you as you enjoy your tea and the blue hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post Deanna....I would love to have been there! I also love your header...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea with a friend is one of life's great pleasures! I love the tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have visited on the way home! As it was, I felt exhausted and that was the quickest route. Tea with you and Karen would be lovely someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the small quiet joys in my life is tea with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely and the last photo can be forgiven for any minor graininess because it shows you, beautiful lady, savoring the moment. You are loved and you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to share some tea with a friend! Love that cup:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...