Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Garden Work

I didn't take pictures while we were working, it was hot and humid and we were on a time crunch.  

 Tim was available to help me yesterday and we got our tomatoes and parsley planted in the veggie garden.  That is going to be it for this year.  I used to feel like I had to grow it all, but now I am content knowing that we know how if we need to, but we have the best little produce stand within walking distance of our house.  We like to keep them in business!  

We then moved on to planting a Bleeding Heart and a Columbine, given to me by Nate and Kay, and then we planted two French Lavender plants I bought.  

Then it was time to do some serious pruning of shrubs.  Everything is looking really good right now.

One of the shrubs was my Bridal Veil Spirea.  This was a small shrub when I planted it near the deck stairs years ago.  Now it is huge and gorgeous!  It was however encroaching on the stairs, so be cut it back enough to not block the stairs.  I brought in most of the cuttings and made two big arrangements with them!



I sure hope one of my girls gets married in the month of  May.  It would be so easy to do stunning floral arrangements right out of the garden!

Emma arrived home yesterday and brought a friend who is on his way to New Jersey this afternoon.  He graduated this past weekend and will be headed home to Peru soon.  We are glad to have him stay with us.  It's really special to know that God really does have His children all over the world!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and yes that would make gorgeous wedding arrangements! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a small garden. I am not much of a gardener, but I can actually enjoy it when it's not overwhelming.

    Those vases of flowers are gorgeous!

    Enjoy your time with Emma! (I know you will!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers. I really like that plate holder on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have 5 columbine plants in the front yard. they all look like frilly space ships...least i think so. love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bridal veil is so pretty! It sure would make a beautiful wedding arrangement. Glad that you had Tim's help for the planting. It always works better to have a helper.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...