Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Newsy Post

Well, my girlie is home. She had a wonderful time. It is a joy to hear of how kind, helpful, and cheerful she was on her trip. My dad said "she did you proud". She is a delightful young lady, and all the relatives want to keep her.


We went out to my parents house to swim in the afternoon, and to be there when they arrived home. I stopped at an Amish produce stand and bought cantalope and tomatoes! Delightful! Mrs. Fisher said that just like with the strawberries, the heat is making everything ripen fast!


We got home after 9:00 and about an hour later our power went out. That is unusual for us. I called my mom and she said their power was out as well! That is even more unusual as we live 20 minutes away from each other. It turns out that a substation transformer blew and power was out to a huge portion of the southern part of our county. As it was bedtime, it was not a big deal although we were missing our air conditioning! Our power stayed out for about 1 hour. Ahhhh, we slept well. When I called my parents there power was still out, so we invited them here, but they were tired and decided just to sleep in their own beds. Their power came back on this morning around 5:00 am.



Today, the girls have ridden our horse Sandi already, as it is going to be hot and humid.

Here is Sandi with her fly mask on. Doesn't she look funny? What you can't tell in this picture is that the ears are covered as well. Sort of like Batman! She is 18 years old and is a sorrel quarter horse. She is a very nice horse.



I need to get some co-op paperwork done today. I the leader of a homeschool support group that meets for 20 weeks - 2 ten week semesters - that runs from preschool -12th grade. It is parent taught classes, sports, choir, field trips, mom's nights. We usually run at 60 families. We are in need of updating some of our forms, we are trying to streamline the paperwork!


I am trying to think of something easy and light for dinner. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Take your cooked chicken breasts, add mayo, sliceds grapes, roasted almonds and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of curry!! S&P

    Chill and put on Kaiser rolls or croussants with lettuce or tom!!

    Cut up fruit and serve with chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh that sounds really good.

    I will have to see if I have all the ingredients for that! If not I am making a store run!

    We are probably going swimming anyway, so we could hit the store on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi is so pretty! I gave my boy a bath today...so he is shining like a copper penny! We're going on a night ride tonight - getting ready for a big night trail ride coming up at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dawn, my girls will be jealous. We definately need another horse that can be ridden right now. We have one that is 6 years old, and need to be trained. She is boarded here, but is completely available to the girls. She is a pretty paint, nice temperment, but is skittery and needs to be desensitized more. A trail ride on her right now would be crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...