Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My First Grandchild Is A....

www.allposters.com

GIRL!!!!

Oh, my...it is still sinking in. The parents to be had an ultrasound done on Monday and found out that it is a daughter for them! What a precious gift we are all being given, by the Creator of All Life!

I immediately went to the store and bought soft purple yarn and soft pink and have started on one of many future knitting projects! I also have been thinking of some sweet cream colored flannel fabric with pink roses that I have in my stash. This wee granddaughter is to be born in June, so she won't need flannel anything right away, but come fall I am thinking she made need Grandma to make her a sweet little dress...

We are praying for her already. I have been asked to be there when the baby is born, I am so excited! I got to be there when my great nephew Elijah was born and that was so special, but this will be amazing! I know that I will cry for joy!

I have less than 6 months to go...I better get knitting!

12 comments:

  1. A GIRL!!! Oh yay! How exciting!

    I know i really really appriciated having you there when Elijah was born and I know you will be a great support this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Post pics of what you make! I loved having Paula, and my mom there at my side during the whole thing! It was a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I didn't know there was a grandchild coming....and a little girl - bonus! What a beautiful thing to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, how exciting!

    Yep, you better get knitting-those months are going to fly. How wonderful that you've been invited to see her enter the world. That will be amazing!

    Any clues on name choices yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you...and can imagine your mind is awhirl with thoughts of projects and such..
    Congratulations on your news..
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I am so happy for you and the parents to be. I also know that this takes a weight off of your shoulders. God is so good. I am praying for the parents to be and I will be praying for this precious baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I can just imagine all the fun you're going to have creating things for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a handwork night coming up at church so you can do a whole evening's worth of knitting there....

    Lots of bowling afternoons....

    After our fellowship meals....

    Yep, I see lots of knitting in your future.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I see lotsd of pink in your future LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, speaking of yarn...I NEED SOME! I'm thinking of making a blanket, although that will take a while...she won't need it right away...right;-) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news! I would love to see pictures of the things you make for your little granddaughter. I'm sure they're lovely. And I'm excited for you to be there when your little granddaughter arrives -- what a special time it will be for you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Good Friday