Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 17, 2017

A Gathering Of Friends


For her birthday, Sarah wanted to have an air soft event.  She talked to Lindsay, who often hosts air soft games, typed up invitations, and talked about having a campfire afterward.

Everyone she invited came.  Along with some of the parents of her friends there were 41 people here today!  They had a blast playing different air soft games, in the warm July sunshine, and the parents mostly, stayed inside.

We ate good food, had great conversation, Tim taught a young friend to parallel park (she takes her driving test this week!).  This is what life is like at Creekside Cottage - a random mix of people and things happening.

Tonight I drove some great young people home.  We talked about astronomy and creation science, and one young woman shared about how small she feels when she looks at space and sees the wonder of what God has created.  Then she said "And to think that God loves me so much and created me, is just amazing."

I love these wonderful young friends of Sarah's and how they encourage each other, and build each other up.




9 comments:

  1. That sure is a pretty cake, don't think I've seen candles like that!
    Sounds like a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I got the candles at a local grocery store - on clearance! I thought they were fun!

      Delete
  2. 🎈🤓 I said lots of nice things, trust me. *poof*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! I hope you saved me some of that cake:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were too small pieces left and Sarah ate them for Breakfast the next day!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Sarah, the cake looks so delicious, I always enjoy reading of Creekside Cottage!Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...