Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Real Life at Creekside Cottage



After two days of this with mixed precipitation




We woke to beautiful sunshine streaming through the windows!

 This view makes me happy every morning.  You can see my red electric kettle on the left along with the Keurig and my Pioneer Woman teapot.  But you can also see that there are things on the table...

Evidence of a teen boy....


And a man who has his own business.  On the counter is paperwork, too.  We're preparing for taxes.


In the midst of it all is some 'pretty'....

I'm enjoying this $5 basket from Target's Dollar Spot to hold some gardening books and faux greens.


 And right below the shelf with the basket is the reality of winter...


Our dear friends are coming tomorrow for a visit, and so shoes and boots will be tidied, paperwork dealt with, vacuuming will be done.  We can't wait to spend time with them.

I always like to share the real with the pretty, because its easy to think that none of us ever have messes.  We all do.  

Now my grandgirlies have arrived for the day, and I must go.  Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. But you have so much space to spread it all around and not look bad!
    We finished our taxes and had a jolt, we owe for the first time ever!! My husband will certainly take care of this year's paper work to make sure that doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real life is what most of us live! Today we are on our unprecedented THIRD snow day in a row. Two feet has fallen this week and our area has no capacity for dealing with it. I'm watching two grandchildren today because their parents need to make their way back into work. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it looks pretty familiar. 😉 Hope that the good weather continues. We’re on Day 2 of snow, sleet, rain here and I am ready to be done with it. Does everyone work on their individual things simultaneously at the table? It’s a great table for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow makes everything beautiful.

    Love the morning light on your table!

    WHAT is that Star Wars game? Must have. :)


    ReplyDelete
  5. Love keeping it real, I have yet to find the perfect home, perfect homemaker, perfect family,what I do find are women such as yourself, who love their families, and keeping their homes warm and inviting for them and company, enjoy this special time.
    Happy Valentine's Day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't have messes? We had a large group of kids (many of them young) here today for a homeschool activity and tomorrow is the day that Bekah gives piano lessons here and I am wondering if I need to clean up all the messes. We have picked up the worst of it, but the rest may just have to stay. I am out of energy.

    I like snippets of "real life" from time to time. Makes us all feel human, you know?

    Oh yes . . . wasn't it wonderful to see the sun today?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we all have messes:) Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...