Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 7, 2023

Weekend

 Happy Monday, friends.

I've been experimenting lately with going without foundation. I try to keep hydrated, and I use jojoba oil and a few drops of Frankincense on my face, neck, ears, and arms.

In this photo taken yesterday morning, I have filled in my eyebrows a bit and used mascara. I haven't used any bronzer either, since I always get a summer tan. I likely will go back to foundation and bronzer or blush in the fall and winter.

 I'd love to hear what you all do for your skin care and makeup.

On Saturday, I puttered around the house, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, cooking. I also read a lot. We were all home, which is rare these days. Tim did office work for the business, and Kyle slept in, mowed the property, and enjoyed some gaming.

Sundays are always a church day. I took this cute photo of Kaidence last week. In Grandpa's arms during worship.


I've begun helping in Children's Ministry. Twice a month, I help in the 2nd-4th grade class. There are two teachers for that class, so they each teach two weeks a month.

Last week, the lesson was on Jesus washing the disciples feet. With the focus on serving others. The activity they were doing with their feet was to see if they could tell what was on the plate by using their feet!

They are cute and high energy!

Today, the framers are here. Their goal for today is to get the 'deck' on the basement. Basically, a roof on the basement, so they can frame the main floor of the addition.

I'll get photos, of course.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I think your skin looks great without foundation. I have very sensitive skin, so I only wear a little concealer under my eyes, mascara and sometimes eyeliner. Although believe it or not, when my $19 Clinique freebie eyeliner ran out this month I went and bought a $1.99 Wet 'n Wild one, like I used in high school, and it's exactly the same as the Clinique one. Better!! Haha!! You just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lovely skin! Love the freckles!
    I just splash on a little eye color...gray, rouge and lipstick...never foundation since in my 40's.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...