Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Autumn Weekend

 I potted up some mums last week. 






It felt good to clear the pots of summer annuals and put the mums in the garden. Two of these are on the deck and the rest are in the front garden.

Autumn to me is a time of clearing away and preparing for what's to come. It's always a cozy and reflective time. 

Since last autumn, my dad had been in the hospital for a month, the addition was finished, Christmas and New Years came. At the end of January Kyle had his accident. There were a few things with my mom's health that all turned out to be just fine, but were concerning for a time. Tim's business has been so busy, which is a very good thing. I'm homeschooling the grands, still. Dad had surgery recently for a heart valve replacement.

It's been a lot to walk through and I am thankful for our cozy haven, and of course, the Lord who has sheltered us all in his loving arms.

I wanted to show you some photos of our burning bushes, as they have started to change color but the trees are still very green.

This is actually two burning bushes. They used to be at the end of our chicken run, but now my parents windows look out on them!


After we host our fall fest next Sunday, we will be seeding this area with fall grass seed.


It was a beautiful autumn day, very relaxing for me. Tim did a repair on Sarah's car, but is so pleased to have been able to do it.



This smaller burning bush is lovely, too.

We are praying for all the suffering and heartache of Helene, while praying about the new one on the way to Florida. 


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Autumn Weekend

  I potted up some mums last week.  It felt good to clear the pots of summer annuals and put the mums in the garden. Two of these are on the...