Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Cooking: Scrambled Eggs


It's one of the first things I teach my kids to cook.  Eggs used to have a bad rap, but now we know that eggs are good for you! Our hens lay beautiful eggs with rich yolks full of healthy Omega-3s.



Tim has an afternoon inspection today, so I took the opportunity to cook for him.

 Eggs from our hens 

 A bit of cream.  Read here if you are interested in what creamline milk is.

I added some ham that I cooked for dinner last night.

 I added a bit of cheddar cheese, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.



I made enough for the family, naturally, and with a downpour outside, its a nice way to start the day.


10 comments:

  1. Scrambled eggs with cheese (and sometimes some sauteed veggies) is a go-to quick dinner for us. Quick and easy, healthy and yummy...all the right ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I have never seen cream line milk, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We often have eggs for breakfast in a variety of ways. But always scrambled on Sundays! Yes and a little cheese added. Such a versatile food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I need to get me some farm-fresh eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eggs and my hubby and I love scrambling them with cheese too...sometimes we add ham, sausage crumbles or even bologna! There is nothing like having breakfast for dinner either. Eggs is my go-to breakfast. The only thing that would make mine better is having some yummy fresh (and colorful) eggs such as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. **nothing** like gorgeous eggs, real milk, and ham, to make a breakfast beautiful. mmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cream line milk from Maplehofe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a big snowstorm raging outside. That looks like warm and filling food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I come over and have some?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's about time people realize that eggs are good food. ha! We have eight hens who provide us with enough eggs for cooking different recipes. We had fresh asparagus in a frittata yesterday. I'm curious about your remark about the "inspection". Home inspector? First time reading your blog...need to start at the beginning... xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...