Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

Its frigid here, so our Valentine's is going to be celebrated indoors!  



I bought steaks, and have them marinating, we'll grill them on my cast iron grill on the stove.  We are going to bake sweet potato fries, and we'll have a yummy salad.  Just as nice as a steak house meal.

We will be eating as a family, too.

I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating LOVE, the real kind of love that celebrates family, dear friends, our sweethearts.  

I haven't been able to upload a photo of my chalk board, but I wrote a verse on it because I think it's important for us all to be reminded that,
" We love HIM because He first LOVED us." 



  Edited to say that these garland photos are from 3 years ago.  A eagle eyed reader was surprised that all of our snow was gone already!  I wish it were true!  But alas! We'll likely have to wait a few more weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Is the snow already gone? That is amazing. I saw the damage caused on the highways today by the snow squalls that went through PA. There is no worse driving than in a snow squall...hate them.

    Sounds as if your family is all prepared for a wonderful Valentine Sunday dinner. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! I LOVE the heart garland, and the special meal you have planned for your family sounds wonderful. Steak house meal! We are definitely kindred spirits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family, Deanna. Love your heart garland and your Valentine's menu sounds delicious. I John 4:19 is definitely appropriate for this day when thoughts are about love. I'm SO grateful for His love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sweet Valentine garland!! Dd you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vee the eagle eyed reader! I would not have thought of it but it does look a little spring like out the windows. I do like the garland though!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...