Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thoughts Of Home: Rearranging Furniture


We had quite a storm move through our area last night.  Our phones got an alert to move to shelter as there was a tornado in our area.  We headed quickly to the basement.  Turns out it was not near us but near to where my parents live.  Everyone is just fine, though there was quite a bit of damage around our county.

 Today, I wanted to share the rearrangement I did in our sitting room space in our master bedroom.






The armoir and the bookcase have changed places.  The couch used to be along the wall where the chair now is.

We only use the tv to stream movies from Amazon or Netflix, but it's nice to be able to see it better from the bed.  Last night we all watched a movie together and Sarah laid on the bed to watch.

I tried to find photos of the room before but our internet is not cooperating this morning.  

I love being able to rearrange and shop the house to make things feel fresh and new.  I just did this rearrangement yesterday, so I am still figuring out the artwork and photos for the walls.  

If you love your home and like to read posts about others who also love their homes, won't you join us for the Thoughts of Home link up?

 I'm having trouble linking up but will keep trying!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're safe from the storms! Nice rearrangement. BTW, I can waste a lot of time trying to read the spines of other people's books. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like a large room. I like the sitting area concept...Thinking about it, I used to rearrange our furniture MUCH more that I have in the last few years. Hmmmmmm. I'm not going to analyze why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great arrangement!! You have a great space there with lots of flexibility. I love the sitting room area! I'll bet everyone wants to gather in your comfy, cozy room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely! I love to rearrange my home too...change is good especially when you are a stay at home mom...plus it makes for thorough cleanings of rooms when you rearrange :) Your wood floors are beautiful btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Deanna! Rearranging your living space can certainly make things seem fresh and new! I adore that tiny little chair you have...precious! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a big bedroom...nice to have that extra space. I tend to arrange books on our shelves in the same diverse way. Glad you were safe in the storm. Lots of trees down around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so cozy. How wonderful to have a sitting area in your bedroom. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you have divided this into almost two rooms, if you will. Your colors are very similar to mine in my living room. We had bad storms too but didn't lose power like many did in our surrounding area. So glad to hear you were safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks most sincerely for visiting ~ My little old world ~ and for the lovely comment you left, as well !
    Enjoy your day,
    with thankfulness
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...