Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, February 22, 2016

The Best Fudgy Brownies Ever!

Seriously.

My friend and mentor when I was a young woman gave me this recipe.  It is likely 30 years old!

 This is the sign of a great recipe!

I wrote out the recipe so you could read it and added my tips on making them.
 
The Best Fudgy Brownies Ever!


¾ cup good baking cocoa
1 cup (minus 1 TBS and 1 tsp) of coconut oil
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1 ¼ cup of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease a 9x13 pan.

Melt coconut oil and remove from heat. Add cocoa powder, stir until well mixed. Add sugar, mix well. Add eggs, and again mix well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Stir in nuts if using. Pour into the baking pan and cook for 30 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from the side of the pan. Do not over bake!!!


I melt my coconut oil on the stove in a pan and then mix everything else into it. If you used a bowl in the microwave you can do the same thing. I like that you don't have to use a bunch of pans or bowls.



Let me know if you make them!


  

8 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing. That sure does look like a it has been a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A recipe card that looks like that (we have a few) is a sign of a great recipe!! :D

    Oh my, they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe card! Shows how much you've made them. They do look delicious. I wonder if the original used coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my exact recipe except for the substitution of coconut oil for shortening. I think that is a lovely substituition. They sure looked yummy on yesterday's post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they certainly look yummy Deanna! I have never used coconut oil in baking...will definitely try this great brownie recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can definitely tell how good the recipe is by looking at the recipe card...this was surely a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will definitely be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, you're making me really hungry, Mrs. Rabe.....those best fudgy brownies ever look good!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...