Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Endings


Today is the older kids last day of work. I have to say that I am relieved! They worked a lot this season and it meant a lot of driving back and forth for me. I will miss the occasional one on one time with them, as I took them to work.
I am very happy to be getting back to a "normal" schedule however. I can't wait to wake up Monday morning and enjoy a cup of tea and know that I don't need to hustle everyone into the car! Instead, we can enjoy breakfast together, read, get some schoolwork done, work on projects....These are the days that I covet. I so enjoy the home educating process, the chance to know my kids, and to invest myself into them. It is a joyous blessing to me.
The photo above is of one of my Red Sunset Maples in the front yard, from October of last year. Today they are nearly bare and it is November 8. Autumn is ending and I am sad! It is my Season of the year. This past October was glorious here in Pennsylvania - I enjoyed every minute of it!
The only consolation is that Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away and then my favorite HOLIDAY season begins! Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. That will be a nice break for you. Its always nice to have some breaks from a busy schedule. The tree is beautiful, we have one of these in our preschool yard. I am not sure its the same kind but it looks similiar with all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been here 10 years and I believe this has been the most beautiful fall. As I drive I keep saying "look at those gorgeous trees" The yellows were so vibrant and the reds and oranges, of my word. THe Lord is so creative and I am so thankful to be living here in this beautiful part of our country to enjoy this beauty. I will really miss fall. It does not last long enough.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...