Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Low Carb:Kentucky Butter Cake




Low Carb Kentucky Butter Cake is an amazing dessert.  I used the recipe that Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food has developed.  I did make one change, though I used 2 cups of Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend in place of the Almond and Coconut flours.

I'm sure the nut flours will bake up perfectly in this recipe (everyone is raving over it), I just am trying to get back to weight loss mode, so for me the baking blend was the way to go.

I only made one dessert for Easter and this was it.  I baked it like a sheet cake rather than in a bundt pan, and it turned out perfectly.  Everyone loved this dessert!

Carolyn also shares a low carb caramel sauce that I made and served with it and its incredible!


To top it off I sliced strawberries and I always whip cream and put a bit of xylitol in it.  (A word of caution about xylitol if you have pets that eat your food.  Don't use it!  Dogs especially cannot digest xylitol and it can be fatal for them)


If you are eating a low carb diet, you'll adore this dessert!  If you are following Trim Healthy Mama this is an S dessert, and you'll adore it, too!



If you'd like to find more low carb desserts follow my THM - Desserts board on Pinterest!




4 comments:

  1. There are some humans who should avoid the xylitol as well. Is that the one that you mentioned was not as problematic? Your dessert looks delicious! My sister is doing a low carb plan again...getting ready for a wedding. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks too delicious to be low carb! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks delicious, so hard to believe it is low carb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once, my sister-in-law invited me on dinner, and I was surprised t notice how well she prepared low carb desserts for the occasion. I couldn’t resist appreciating her for the excellent food.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...