Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

This And That

 I haven't done a weekend post this week, but it was full and eventful. I thought I'd share a bit of everything in this post.


This photo is from Sunday evening at the VA hospital. My dad, as you know, had colon cancer surgery in June, and in late July started to take chemo pills. Well he had an allergic reaction this past week, and so he was done with this chemo. He had been having quite a few side affects, and as this past week went on he felt worse even though he had stopped the chemo. He was weak and dehydrated by Friday so we took him up to the VA and they admitted him for the weekend and he is still there, though now it is to do some PT, so he can be strong when he comes home.

We are grateful for the good care he receives there. He is treated with respect and dignity, too. We visited him tonight and he was very glad to see Mom, Tim and I!

The addition is moving right along, and I have picked out the countertops for the kitchen. This is a Corian and I like that it looks like marble. The kitchen will be all white and this countertop will add depth. I will have some wood tones in the room as well, which will keep it from being too cold looking.


We are going to the cabinet makers tomorrow to look at the mock up of the kitchen and pick door style. Tim will go with me for that.

The inspector was here and approved many things, so I think insulation work will begin then drywall! Our family is going to do the painting. Tim, Nate, Wes, and several others of us will be able to knock it out within a week, I'd say.

Our cat Watson was laying so funny today. He's eleven now, and has some arthritis. He's a good cat. 

Our homeschool co-op starts this week. My grand girlies are very excited.

Our friends Rick and Jane have left, as of today, and will be making their way home after a short visit with other friends in a different part of our state. It was a blessing to have them with us. Get yourself friends who become family. They are priceless.


It's late and I must get to bed. It's raining and I just heard thunder. I'm so thankful for the rain. Autumn is showing its arrival in many trees beginning their yearly change. It's my favorite time of year. 

Tonight I find myself grateful for so many things. God is so good to us. 


4 comments:

  1. I am glad you got your Dad to the hospital. Colon cancer...any cancer...sucks!!
    I'm so happy he has you!
    It sprinkled here this morning (3:00am)...but only just. Drying up as I type...
    Have a sweet week and hope your Dad feels better soon. My sister's Oncologist told us that her side effects will take a lot of time to wear off... maybe as long as a year.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that your dad is in the hospital, but glad to know that he is feeling better and getting great care. You're lucky to have such a large painting crew. That's the best! Your addition sounds like it's coming along really well and I love the countertop you chose. Sounds like you're getting closer to the fun part of the renovation!! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot going on in your life right now. I am glad your dad is going to be okay. You are blessed as you are blessing others! I love that about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends who become family are indeed priceless. We are blessed with a number of them.

    Praying for your dad and hoping he gets stronger every day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...