Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

It's November

 


Like in this photo, our trees are on the wane. This last week was full of beauty here. I'm so grateful to live in a place where the seasons change.


The leaves are carpeting the grass and is thicker than in this photo. Soon we will not be parking in the yard, and the portable potty will be gone. We are very close to the addition being finished.

The kitchen cabinets are in, other than the crown molding. Look at my beautiful farmhouse sink! Delight!

To the left of the sink will be the dishwasher. 


Between the windows will be the stove.


I had thought the countertop would be coming this week, but it will be installed next week. Our main construction crew will be back tomorrow, to install interior doors, trim, flooring, and more finishing work.

It's very exciting.

We found a great matched washer and dryer for mom and dad yesterday from FB marketplace. We are still trying to find a couch. We have lots of nice, gently used furniture stores in our area. The right one will show up!

I am already thinking of Christmas decorating as many ways I used to decorate ( example: garland, lights, and ribbon over the sliding door to the deck) are not longer available! I'll have new spaces, and the opportunity to decorate in a new way. That's pretty thrilling for me!

The time to buy artificial greens and some other decor is now, as much of the "good stuff" is selling out quickly!

This is the holiday season, friends, and though the world is a scary, dark place the light of the world has already come!




7 comments:

  1. LOVE your sink! Things are looking might fine over there. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The addition is going to be lovely! In our last home I had the same farmhouse sink. I recommend keeping a sink mat in it to protect from chipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your kitchen is my dream kitchen. Gorgeous. I’m so excited for you. Can’t wait to see it when finished and decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen . . . it is going to be so beautiful!! It's fun to get these peeks at your project. So exciting!!

    I, too, am happy to live where there are seasons. Of course, I have my favorites, but I there are special things I love about each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna....It's marvelous...so beautiful! I am thrilled for you to have this spacious kitchen which I know you are going to enjoy each and every day....love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything, inside and outside your home, is just lovely! You must be so excited to see your pretty plans coming to life. Can't wait to see it all completed. Happy Weekend!! Ps- I know moan about the weather, but I adore the change of seasons, too. I'd just prefer the winter and spring seasons to be a bit shorter and summer and fall, much longer! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all going to be Beautiful!! LOVE the farmhouse sink!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...