Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, June 17, 2024

Weekend

 I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We spent Saturday, doing things around the house, and then we swam. Kyle and Sarah left after that and went to Wes and Rachel's house. I made an easy scrambled egg supper, and relaxed for the evening.

Sunday was church outside, another really good testimony of how God worked and is working in a young woman's life in our church. Then we came home, I prepped the potatoes and got them roasting in the oven. 

Tim and the kids set up the two tables in the dining area. We used my pretty Pioneer Woman dishes and I put vases of white Annabelle hydrangeas on the tables. 

Our friend Dean joined us for lunch, then went to visit his mom in a care home. He later met up with Sarah and Tim for a hike. Our friend Denny got home late from driving so he napped and came over later. He ate and enjoyed visiting for a few hours.

Nearly everyone got in the pool for a while, before hiking, and then Nate and Kay took the kids home. 

I didn't get any photos, Kyle took some for me, and the one of Wes at the grill is from my mom.

It was a good day, and I'm grateful.








1 comment:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

A delightful glimpse into your world these days. Scrambled egg meals are a favourite - they're always yummy. I love all the photos you have in your blog header - and especially like that pic of you with your lovely face and smile. Your swimming pool must be so inviting on a hot day. Happy Weekend, Deanna.

This And That

  Hello Friends! My post from yesterday never happened due to a power outage! We had one on Saturday, too, which is so unusual for our area....