Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Tree

Here is our tree - I love our tree every year. It is hard to get a good shot (I don't really know what I am doing) with our camera - to get it to look like the right color and not yellowish. And take a look at my curtains - they are dark red, but look purple in this photo.

I really like the silver snowflakes and the red balls, our tree mostly has red, silver and white on it.
A few years ago, I added the names of Jesus - Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


I have a few ceramic tea pots on the tree, and one glass one. The little angel on the right it acrylic, they are very pretty!



Can you see me in the reflection on the red ball? I love this strand of white stars on the tree!

Sarah is our child with a flair for the theater! She loves to dress like the characters in her books, or movies. She has been going through a Nancy Drew phase, but this morning it was "Mary", from The Nativity Story.

Very sweet, indeed.

13 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the names of Jesus on the tree. I have to give that some thought!!!

    Even though Sarah and I aren't blood related, she still takes after her Auntie Paula!! LOL

    Can you remind me...I think Sarah, Rachel and Nate are the only ones who don't have a stitched something from me???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! And the not-so-shy young'un too! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Auntie Dee!! I know what you mean about getting the right colors on the camera for the tree. My pics didnt turn out as well as it really looks either! A very cute Mary!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love children's minds! They always find a way to make me smile!!

    I love your tree! Just beautiful! We are decorating our today after church :)

    Have a glorious day in our Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is beautiful...and the last picture..just the best..
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful little girl and a beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sarah as Mary. It reminds me of when our boys were young and they used to drape blankets over and around themselves to portray different Bible characters as they acted out their favorite Bible stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to be as a Child- beautiful tree-
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your tree remembers the names of God. Christmas play helps your children remember the REASON we celebrate. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see what you love that string of stars!

    Your daughter is too cute!

    Visiting via The Inspired Room ans wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Idea of placing the names of Jesus on the tree! I have Jesus tree with ornament just celebrating His birth but this would be a wonderful addition- I hope you won't mind if I copy that wonderful idea! are thes just on a parchment type paper?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a special tree that will remind all who enter the reason for the season. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...