Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, August 18, 2017

That Time I Saved My Hydrangea From The Big Storm


It's been really humid here the last several days, and today we had a really big thunderstorm in the late afternoon.  Lightning, thunder and pouring rain!  Our creek was overflowing its banks for a while.


Thankfully I knew this storm was likely so I went out and cut the biggest of my limelight hydrangea.  I didn't want them to get damaged.

 There are only three blooms in this pitcher!  Aren't they amazing?  And did you notice the touch of autumn on the flowers?


So pretty!

Our patient is recovering well.  He likes the curry that we make here so I made a big batch of it and we enjoyed it for dinner and will likely have it Saturday as well.  That works for me, and will give me more time to work on some rearranging I want to do, especially on the living room walls.

I hope you have a really nice weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Glad your knee patient is doing well. I like cooking a large amount as we don't mind leftovers and it gives me a night off from cooking. Your hydrangeas are amazing. Hope the storm took away the humidity. It's awful here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. patient...? did i miss something?
    those hydrangea blooms are gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (smile)

      The hydrangea are amazing. These flower heads are so big! I have small ones on the plant this year too.

      Delete
  3. Ooooo . . . rearranging! (My ears perked up!) :)

    I love the huge blooms of a limelight hydrangea! Great save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I redid the decor on the wall behind the love seat! Photos coming this next week!

      Delete
  4. Lovely! Your house looks nice, I like the ladder in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting a thunderstorm with thunder and lightning. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometime I hope to plant some hydrangeas. They are so beautiful, and the limelight ones especially so. This seems like an especially good year for hydrangeas in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your patient is doing well...and your flowers are lovely. We had a wicked thunderstorm here, too...scary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your limelight hydrangea is gorgeous, Deanna. Will you let these dry?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...