Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What a Day!

Yesterday was such a busy day.

As I have mentioned before, I am participating in a mentoring program called "Apples of Gold", through my church. As hard as it is for me to believe, I am one of the mentors. In my mind of course I am only about 25 years old, but in reality I am in my early 40's and married almost 20 years now. I have a heart to encourage young women in their daily lives, and am so excited about helping with this program.

That being said, we had a meeting yesterday, going over the lessons, and then discussing what we will serve for lunch and what we will demonstrate, as in a household/cooking skill.
We start in about 2 weeks so this meeting was long, about 4 hours! We can never believe how the time flies by!

Then after being home for about 1 1/2 hours I took my son to an orientation meeting for his new job, and went to the church where our homeschool co-op meets. We had our first meeting of the new school year, where the parents come and sign their children up for classes and sign up as to where they will assist.

I arrived early to spend a bit of time praying and getting my thoughts together, and to set up chairs. There was a teachers meeting before the regular meeting, and then the meeting which lasts from 7:00pm - 9:00pm and then the parents sign up. It was a great evening, and so good to meet the new families and to catch up with the returning families. There are always questions to answer and things to discuss. When I got in my car to drive home last night, the clock said 10:55 pm!

I arrived home 20 minutes later, exhausted but content.

God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Your life sounds like mine as of late. :o) A day of planning, listening and advising can surely exhaust a soul!

    Prayer heavenward for increased strength as the days go on...

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you haus frau! I know from your blog that you understand.

    It is truly a blessing to do what I do, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...