Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Knitting

When we went on vacation, I decided to learn to knit. I am having so much fun!

I bought this book by Klutz for my daughter Emily, when she was learning to knit. This is geared for younger people and has very clear directions and pictures to follow. I made the hat from the cover this last week.

Mine turned out great except...well, I used larger size needles than it calls for so the hat turned out quite a bit larger than expected! (hee hee) Emily loves it though!

This evening I have started a shawl for Lindsay. It is a Christmas gift, but she and Emily know. I let them pick out the colors they wanted. I got the pattern from Jewels' daughter on the blog "Eyes of Wonder." You can find the pattern and see some shawls they have knitted here.

I like keeping my hands busy while watching news or a movie with the family. I am enjoying seeing lovely, simple things grow from a ball of yarn in my hands....however, I can't knit and blog at the same time, hence my lack of posting in recent days!

2 comments:

  1. Blog with your toes and knit with your hands!! That right!!! Easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day maybe I will knit, but I am looking forward to getting back to cross stitch or needlepoint. These are enjoyable to me.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...