Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, September 19, 2008

More Scenes From Williamsburg

This lady works at the weaver's on the Wythe House property. She was very knowledgeable about cloth, fibers, dyes...She showed us bed rugs. They were what we would place on the floor, shag style, but they used to be used on the bed as a way to keep warm in the winter.


These glorious yarns for weaving were hanging from a rafter. I'll take one in every color, thank you very much.

A great thing they do at Williamsburg is Revolutionary City. This takes place usually down in front of the Raleigh Tavern, and give you an idea of what people were struggling with in 1775. Join the patriots? Stay loyal to England? No easy answers sometimes.


This is the 50th anniversary of the Drum and Fife Corp. This is the junior group and they are very good.


I think I could live there in Williamsburg and would love to be a part of sharing the amazing history of our Country!

2 comments:

  1. I know I could live there! Thanks for sharing more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Williamsburgh nd how all the employees stay in period character no mayyer ehat! My favorite was the real leather wallpaper in the Gov. mansion. So glad you had a great time!!!
    smiles
    DarLy*~

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...