Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Baking: Blueberry Muffins


I've had some blueberries in the freezer that have been calling to me.  Last evening, while Kyle and I were home alone together, I had him help me whip up a batch of muffins. 






The recipe is easy and delicious!

From Sally's Baking Addiction - Sparkling Jumbo Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients - 

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour (very careful not to overmeasure)
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs, room temperature preferred
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup milk*
  • 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable or melted coconut oil)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Check out the directions on her blog.

As you can see I didn't use the coarse sugar for sprinkling on the top of the muffins.  I used buttermilk as she suggested and for oil I used avocado oil.  They taste delicious.  I think the next time I make these, I will try 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to see how I like that.  Oh, and I made the regular cupcake size muffins rather than jumbo sized.  They go further around here that way.


7 comments:

  1. They look delicious!! And your assistant chef is adorable! (Kyle is getting to the age where "handsome" might be a more acceptable adjective...so don't tell him that I think he's adorable.) Love his apron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to see children and grandchildren cooking with their favorite Mom or Grandmother! He looks like he's having a grand time! Love the recipe and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not blueberry muffins! (I have one last package of blueberries in the freezer.) Kyle makes a cute sous chef!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very cute kitchen helper. I love blueberry muffins and yours sound delicious. I just froze 14 bags of blueberries for the winter yesterday. More to pick today. They are so lovely in midwinter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! I love blueberry muffins! I just made ruhbarb muffins yesterday since i had some fresh ruhbarb. They turned out better than I though they would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see the expression of a child while baking, Kyle seems so enthusiastic. Thanks for the recipe.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...