Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Home Keeping: Crochet

I had a coaster project pinned on my Hooks and Needles Pinterest board that I have been wanting to try.  I haven't crocheted much in the last few years, but this was basic - chain stitch, slip stitch, double crochet and single crochet.  



I kept the pattern pulled up on the Macbook but didn't have to look at it much once I got going.

I didn't have the proper size hook, which was G, so I used an H hook, and yarn from my stash.  

 I was happy how it turned out.

 They are not very big and I did this red one in about 15 minutes.

 I decided to try in in a finer yarn with a smaller hook, this time an F.
I like this project very much, and want to try it using wool yarn.  These would make delightful hostess gifts, or birthday, or Christmas.  Very sweet and useful.

Here is the link to the directions to this project - 1893 Circle Motif coaster.

If you give it a try will you let me know how it turns out?  We could share photos of our finished products.  That would be fun!

9 comments:

  1. I found a great copy of Mollie Makes Crochet used on Amazon and I'm going through it to decide which project I want to try first. Most are easy (which I need after not crocheting for decades!).

    Those are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "basic" project looks like Greek to me. (I never learned to crochet!) But they are really cute and I agree that they would make wonderful hostess gifts.

    Fifteen minutes?! Really?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made myself a set a couple of years ago from natural wool and then felted them. They make great indoor frisbees! I've found a few in the corners. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently picked up my crochet hook after a very long absence. It was amazing how quickly the skill returned to my fingers. Love these coasters. They turned out well. I'll be pinning this pattern. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet project. I agree with Cheryl, Greek to me also. I used to knit but have never learned to crochet. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really must learn to crochet some day. You make it seem so easy, but I'm sure I'll have lots of problems with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I haven't done any crocheting in about year. My daughter made me a coaster for my birthday and a little makeup bag for my purse. So at least someone in my family is keeping at it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...