Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, November 22, 2021

Weekend


 

It was a quiet weekend, not without some stresses though. Mom had to go back to the ER, and they found, as her doctor suspected, a few small blood clots in her lung. Now we have an answer to her oxygenation issues. They admitted her for a few days and we are hopeful she will be home today. Everything else is excellent, and she is doing very well. I learned that the clots will dissolve on their own, the blood thinner is to keep them from getting bigger! We are thankful for her primary care doctor following her gut instinct about the clots.

I won't tell you about the doc at a different hospital who wanted to admit her for pneumonia and start treatment right away. Even though the chest x-ray and now two subsequent chest x-rays show that her lungs are clear! Sigh. We followed our gut instincts on that one, and went to a different hospital. Take charge of your healthcare friends!

Anyway, while mom rested at the hospital, I rested here, and did a bit of preparation for Sarah's arrival Saturday afternoon! She and a friend from school are here for the week. Wes and Rachel came over after dinner and we played Redneck Life, and Mary, Sarah's friend, got to know our craziness! Ha!

Church was good yesterday, and we spent the rest of the day at home. I FaceTimed with my brother and sister in law last night, they arrive today, and we laughed and laughed. I'm looking forward to everyone being here this week!

Well, everyone but Emma and family. She is 24 weeks pregnant, and with my parents so recently ill, they've chosen to stay home. We're all disappointed but we understand. We will miss them so much.



I made pulled pork sandwiches for lunch yesterday. I simply put two smallish pork loins into my crock pot, on high, overnight. I woke up in the early morning and decided to turn them to low and went back to bed. When we got home from church, I shredded the meat, put homemade slaw sauce on the cole slaw, and heated up some beans.

Easy meal and everyone loved it.

I hope you had a delightful weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww...that is disappointing that Em and family won't be home after all. Perhaps you'll be visiting them next time.

    So glad that your mom has your good care and attention. I really hate not being able to trust the medical community
    anymore. Truth is, we always need to be our own advocates. I'm in the middle of that myself lately.

    Happy Thanksgiving preparations...something to do every day. You'll be busy. 🦃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that your mom is still struggling, but I know it's a relief to have a definite diagnosis and treatment plan! What a blessing that you were able to find a doctor/hospital who dug for the right answers! Still praying for Phyllis . . .

    I know that you will miss Emma and family so much. We recently had to cancel a visit with Kati due to health concerns, so I can relate to the disappointment.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...